Monday, February 9, 2009

Craig and I had plans to take Reid outside this weekend for a stroll since the weather was going to be nice.  Instead we spent Saturday afternoon in Children's Emergency Room with Reid.  On Friday, he started sneezing and coughing which progressed.  Saturday he started wheezing and had a congested cough.  I called his doctor and they said with his age he needed to be seen.  Of course the office had just closed.  So we waited around and I just watched him but he continued to wheeze.  We got to Children's and he was wheezing the entire time up until the doctor came in.  He was alittle pistol for the doctor.  Laughing, squealing, kicking his legs and very intrigued by this new environment.  They suctioned his nose to check for RSV and took a chest xray and reported that this was viral.  RSV test was negative.  I knew that what he had was viral but I thought he needed a treatment.  Anyway, today he is more congested both in his chest and nose.  Wheezing occasionally and sneezing and coughing alot.  Still sleeping and eating good which is a blessing.   Playing hard just not for as long as his norm.  Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.  

2 comments:

The Owen Family said...

I am so sorry Reid is sick!! I think every new baby that I know has had some kind of sickness this year! We had to take Jake last weekdend to childrens for the same thing!! They suctioned out his nose and tested negative for RSV. He could breathe so much better after that!! The pics on my blog are some that I took Sunday outside when the weather was so nice. You can go to jdavisphotos.com to view Jake's pics. The password is tjowen. They turned out pretty good. Hope Reid gets to feeling better!! No matter how much we keep them in, it seems like they always catch some kind of germ!!!

Betsy said...

I sure hope he's starting to feel better (and that you guys don't get sick too!)